Giving is a part of our worship. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7). Among many reasons the scriptures give us for why we should give, one that should move your heart most directly is because it makes us more like Christ. Giving is absolutely essential to following Christ.
When we give out of love for Christ, and with a generous heart, it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
- It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
- It increases our character, conforming us to Christ's image as an unselfish giver.
- It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
- It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
- It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
Ways To Give
Remember, in order to receive the appropriate documentation you need for tax purposes your name and address must be clearly identifiable on your check.
- Place your gifts in an offering basket during any worship service
- Give Online via eCheck or credit card
- Mail your contribution to the church office
- Donate your assets (like stock) and Real Property
- Contact James Paquette (512-366-3443) if you need assistance.
To find other ways to give and further engage in our mission click here.
Give directly to The Austin Stone Community Church.
Give to the construction of the St. John Campus and The For the City Center.
Give to the 100 People Network, which sends people to the nations.
Give to The For the City Network, a non-profit partner serving our city.
Give to the ABBA Fund, financial support for families adopting at The Austin Stone.
Give to the Foster Care Initiative, supporting children and families in foster care in our city.
Give to The Austin Stone Disaster Relief Fund.
Give to help launch the new South Campus of The Austin Stone.